[Buildroot] building qt5webengine

Anatoly Asviyan aanatoly at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:15:57 UTC 2016

Hi
I have succeeded to build qt5webengine for imx6. I've started from Julien
Corjon patch and added the following:

   - compile host python with bz2
   - compile target code with -std=c++11 flag
   - compile host code without that flag
   - hint gyp/ninja voodoo to do Unix build (it should be auto detected,
   but it does not)
   - inject missing V4L2 enum (it exists in my kernel headers but not in
   toolchain's /usr/include/linux)

I've tried to do above things in a clean way, by changing *.pro or *.gyp
files. but it did not worked, so I ended up with an ugly hack.

Todo

   - do above steps in a clean way
   - configure qt5webengine to use BR2's  ssl, ffmpeg and icu and not its
   own copies. This is specifically important for me, since I have patched
   ffmpeg

Patch: https://gist.github.com/aanatoly/76a2310d41d797d266700c70f0890de7

--
Regards, Anatoly