[Buildroot] [fstab] The best way to modify the /etc/fstab

Óscar Gómez Fuente oscargomezf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:48:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm building a system from buildroot and I would like to know the best way
to add this line:

/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults        0       2

to the file /etc/fstab.

Up to now ,I've executed a script, after the make is completed, with this
command:

sudo sh -c "cat << 'EOF' >> "${SD_ROOTFS_PATH}/etc/fstab"
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults        0       2

EOF"

But I'm trying to find something more professional. I'm pretty sure that
buildroot has a mechanism for this purpose.

Best regards.

Oscar Gomez Fuente.