[Buildroot] [rpi-firmware] I can't find the file /usr/sbin/vcdbg after compiling

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Mar 11 14:31:48 UTC 2016

 > Hi,
 > I'm using the last release buildroot-2016.02 and I'm trying to test some
 > dtb files on my raspberry pi 2 (because It seems to be it doesn't work
 > well) so I'm trying to add the package to debug vcdbg:

 > Target package ---> Hardware handling  ---> Firmware ---> vcdbg

 > The compilation was successful but the file /usr/sbin/vcdbg doesn't exist
 > in the $TARGET_DIR

>From package/rpi-firmware/rpi-firmware.mk:

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_RPI_FIRMWARE_INSTALL_VCDBG),y)
define RPI_FIRMWARE_INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS
        $(INSTALL) -d -m 0700 $(@D)/$(if BR2_ARM_EABIHF,hardfp/)opt/vc/bin/vcdbg \
                $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/sbin/vcdbg
endef
endif # INSTALL_VCDBG

So it should be in usr/sbin. Did you do a clean build (or at least rm
-rf output/build/rpi-firmware-*) when you enabled the VCDBG option?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard