[Buildroot] buggy init script

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Mar 7 23:21:42 UTC 2016

On 03/07/16 15:48, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:
> I have /etc/init.d in my target directory being populated with relevant scripts
> S02abc, S90xyz, S91abcxyz, S92zyx. I operate under the belief that init.d
> contents get executed in order of their numbers after S, and that the names
> after S<num><name> do not matter.

  The scripts are actually run by /etc/init.d/rcS, so you can check there how it
is done. Basically it will execute everything that starts with S in shell sort
order.

  To debug things, the easiest thing to do is to change the shebang into
#! /bin/sh -x
which will print each command on the console before it is executed. Of course,
that's assuming you have a console, otherwise things are more difficult to debug...

  Regards,
  Arnout