[Buildroot] Buildroot package for psycopg module for Beaglebone black

pborut123 pborut123 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:25:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list, quite new to buildroot, too.
I'm trying to build distribution for Beaglebone black with Python 3.5.1
and postgresql 9.5.2.
I want to have also psycopg2 module that is not present in current
package list.
I've tried to make my own package but I'm not successful.

Last error, I've received from build is at installation step:
 >>> python-psycopg 2.6.1 Installing to target
error: option --executable not recognized
make: ***
[..buildroot/output/build/python-psycopg-2.6.1/.stamp_target_installed]
Error 1

My question is if can anybody help me with this, pointing me on what
I've done wrong.

Here is my package code:

PYTHON_PSYCOPG_VERSION = 2.6.1
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_SOURCE = psycopg2-$(PYTHON_PSYCOPG_VERSION).tar.gz
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_SITE = http://initd.org/psycopg/tarballs/PSYCOPG-2-6
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_LICENSE = GPLv2
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_LICENSE_FILES = LICENSE
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_SETUP_TYPE = setuptools
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_BUILD_OPTS = build_ext --pg-config
$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/pg_config build

define PYTHON_PSYCOPG_INSTALL_CUSTOM_PG_CONFIG
     $(INSTALL) -m 0755 -D package/python-psycopg/pg_config \
         $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/pg_config
endef
PYTHON_PSYCOPG_PRE_BUILD_HOOKS += PYTHON_PSYCOPG_INSTALL_CUSTOM_PG_CONFIG
$(eval $(python-package))

and here is missing host pg_config file, I've inserted to setup.py:

#!/bin/sh
# I've pointed to already cross-build posgresql base directory in build
prefix=buildroot/output/build/postgresql-9.5.2/src

case "$1" in
   --includedir)
     echo "$prefix/include"
     ;;
   --libdir)
     echo "$prefix/lib"
     ;;
   --version)
       echo "PostgreSQL 9.5.2"
     ;;

   *)
     echo "Usage: $0 {--includedir|--libdir}"
esac

Thank you and best regards,
Borut.