[Buildroot] USB network gadget

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sun Jun 26 21:22:48 UTC 2016

On 24-06-16 22:14, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> I know this is the wrong list, but folks who might know the answer to
> this like to hang out here, so I'll ask.
>
> I have an Edison board which has been configured to use the usb0 network gadget.

 The Edison board that I know doesn't have a usb0 network gadget. Which
baseboard are you using?

> The problem is, I want to use this board as a USB host, and connect to
> it from my (buildroot generated rootfs based -- there, now you see the
> connection!) device.  And I want my device to show up as a usb0
> network device on the Edison board, the same way it does when I plug
> it into my Linux desktop.

 I guess that on your baseboard, the USB network interface can't be removed? So
when you plug in your other device, it becomes usb1? You can rename network
devices with udev rules (not sure about mdev) or with 'ip link set'.

 Regards,
 Arnout