[Buildroot] Emails being substituted when reading via Gmane NNTP

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Jun 18 08:46:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

 >> I believe that is an intentional feature of gmane to make it more
 >> difficult to harvest email addresses:
 >>
 >> http://gmane.org/tmda.php
 >>
 >> According to that page, this is something you as a list maintainer can
 >> control (but users can enforce it for their mails).

 > So for Buildroot your guys intentionally enabled that feature?

I think it is on by default - I at least don't recall explicitly
enabling it.

 -------------------------> 8-----------------------

 > Given that probably that's not much sense in doing email obfuscation
 > in Gmane? IMHO it adds more trouble for good people than adds problems
 > to bad guys.

Notice that the obfuscated email addresses DO work. They simply get
forwarded through gmane's spam filter.

But yeah, it probably doesn't help much in combating spam.

--
Venlig hilsen,
Peter Korsgaard