[Buildroot] perl XS modules

François Perrad fperrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:00:41 UTC 2016

The BR package libxml-parser-perl is a very specific host package which
works only with the the system perl.
(The reason is : this packge is heavy used, and we don't want the cost|time
of the host-perl build)

All Perl modules (XS or Pure Perl) use the naming scheme :
perl-module-name.
For example, the wrapper for libxml2 is perl-xml-libxml.
All these packages use the BR infrastructure perl-package.

If you want a target package perl-xml-parser (XML expat wrapper), start by
running:
   $ support/script/scancpan XML-Parser
which creates a decent template.
After add manually, the specific part required by the expat C library.
(And obviously, read
https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_infrastructure_for_perl_cpan_packages
)

François