[Buildroot] ulimit.conf - rtprio permissions for normal users

Weber, Holger Holger.Weber at cobham.com
Wed Jan 27 14:06:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

I try to run a program which needs realtime priority as a normal user.
If I do so, I get an error because a normal user is not allowed to set rt prio.
On my linux pc I only need to edit /etc/security/limit.conf and add a line like
user - rtprio 99

First I added the pam library to my buildroot configuration to get this file. But
it still doesn't work. For completion the program is started out of an init script with
start-stop-daemon which also changes the user to e.g. ftp.
I also read that limit.conf settings are only applied if the user logs in, what in this case
doesn't happen (start-stop-daemon).
Is there another possibility to change the rt rights?

Thanks,
Holger