[Buildroot] suggestion?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jan 27 13:38:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:05:03 -0000, jerry at chordia.co.uk wrote:

> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask
> > using the new "buildroot" tag rather than asking on this list.
>
> Is there much of a BR community on SO? I guess it works for those mad to
> build rep :)

Unlike what Jonathan said, I wouldn't really suggest to rely on
Stackoverflow. While Stackoverflow was really great at the beginning,
there are now tons of people giving completely incorrect and invalid
answers. On the Buildroot topic fortunately, a few of the core
developers/contributors are monitoring the "buildroot" tag, so they are
giving good answers, but I've also seen other answers that were
completely wrong. Arnout Vandecappelle and Luca Ceresoli are
particularly active at answering Buildroot questions on Stackoverflow.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons