[Buildroot] PowerPC64 toolchain not building

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jan 23 14:07:31 UTC 2016

Hello Cody,

Back in 2014, you added support for PowerPC64 (BE and LE) in Buildroot.
Today, I wanted to build a PowerPC64 toolchain, and it appears that:

 * The default configuration (gcc 4.9, binutils 2.24)
 * gcc 4.9 + binutils 2.25
 * gcc 5.3 + binutils 2.25

do not build, all are failing with the following error message during
the host-gcc-final build:

/tmp/ccQDkG0a.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccQDkG0a.s:19: Error: operand out of domain (7 is not a multiple of 2)

Note that I have only tested BE and not LE, so I don't know if LE is
also affected or if LE works fine.

Would you have the possibility to look into this issue ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons