[Buildroot] Browser in kiosk mode

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Wed Jan 20 13:26:49 UTC 2016

On 20/01/16 09:36, Marco Trapanese wrote:

> Hi, I'm asking some hints about which is the best solution in buildroot
> to have a browser in kiosk mode with a whitelist.
> I mean, a full-screen browser, with no way to change the settings, and a
> list of allowable addresses.
>
> Firefox has a couple of plugins to achieve that but it's not included
> (yet?) in buildroot. I found this:
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2012-September/058314.html
>
> I guess it won't be included soon, because the patches are there since
> 2012. Anyway I will try to use them on the latest version.
>
> Do you recommend other packages already provided in the current
> buildroot version which I could use?
> Thanks!
> Marco

Hi.
You can do that with any browser using squid in transparent mode with a
whitelist, that way you're not tied to any particular solution (plugin,
addon).
Regarding which browser to use that will probably depend on which
features you want/need and which graphics platform you want to run it on
(example: X11, pure framebuffer, EGL, so on).
Regards.