[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Frank Hunleth fhunleth at troodon-software.com
Sun Jan 17 16:33:43 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 20:42:55 -0500, Frank Hunleth wrote:
>
>> > Frank, can you investigate why it builds on x86_64 but not on aarch64 ?
>>
>> I looked into this a little. My suspicion is that the atomic intrinsic
>> macros in the Erlang code have not been ported to aarch64, but I'm
>> having trouble following the code. I've inquired on the Erlang mailing
>> list and will report back.

It turns out that other people have gotten Erlang to work on aarch64
without libatomic_ops installed. That doesn't work for Buildroot since
other programs could depend on libatomic_ops. I've filed a bug against
Erlang to track this at http://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-78.
Specifying '--disable-native-ethr-impls' to ./configure seems to
workaround the issue, but I don't know if it has other consequences.
Hopefully the Erlang maintainers will get to this sooner rather than
later, but they're a pretty busy group.

Regards,
Frank