[Buildroot] Standardizing format for specifying license(s)

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Fri Jan 15 13:12:47 UTC 2016

Hei hei,

Am 2016-01-15 12:53, schrieb Rahul Bedarkar:
> Any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

If not already done, I would suggest to have those license stuff
compatible with SPDX [1]. I noticed license names in at least some
packages are not the same as the identifiers on
https://spdx.org/licenses/ – so if someone wants to generate SPDX stuff
from a buildroot project, it maybe would be better to have a format for
names and delimiters which make it easier towards SPDX package data.

Greets
Alex

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Package_Data_Exchange

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)