[Buildroot] [USER] buildroot install external toolchains

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:25:14 UTC 2016

Hi Baruch,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 08:55:34PM -0800, Steve Calfee wrote:
> > I am trying to use docker to cross build buildroot. I don't want to build
> > the toolchain so I tried to use a pre-built toolchain as the autobuilders
> > do. I got a list of toolchains from
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2015-05/msg00014.html written by Thomas
> > P.
> >
> > So I extracted one into the filesystem and tried to use it, but something
> > is wrong.
> >
> > From bash I tried:
> > /br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc --version
> > bash: /br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: No
> > such file or directory
>
> The 'No such file or directory' error might indicate missing libraries. This
> toolchain is built to run on 32bit x86 systems. Make sure you have 32bit
> versions of libc and libstdc++ packages installed on your system.

Thanks, I did not know they were 32 bit apps. So I installed those
libraries and the toolchains now work in a docker container.

I am still struggling with getting persistent storage working - Stuff
like customization, builds and downloads should be persistent. However
when done it will make it much easier to setup a build system.

Regards, Steve