[Buildroot] host-python link fails due to missing readline

Jeff Gray jeff.gray at sato-global.com
Mon Feb 1 00:02:52 UTC 2016

Thanks for your reply - that helped push me in the right direction. I
wasn't sure that buildroot used my local system libraries - I thought maybe
it just used the files built in output/host/. But it does make sense that
it does.

I found that the local /usr/lib/libreadline.so was an ARM executable (the
only one in any system directory)... This is obviously not a good thing,
which is why it was telling me incompatible file.

I don't know for sure how this happened, but I suspect one of the previous
developers who used this system accidentally copied an ARM file to the
system lib and not his cross development lib & didn't realise it. So this
file has been sitting there for 2.5 years waiting to go off.

Sorry to waste your time - thanks for the help in finding it. I will now do
a clean make and see how it goes.