[Buildroot] how to activate usb keyboard?

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Sat Dec 3 20:24:13 UTC 2016

Hello Azik,

please keep the buildroot mailing list on CC...

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:32:54 +0300, Azik Aziz <azizazik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Friend!
>
> I am using this assembly here https://github.com/pbouda/brummbeere
>
> I'm here this board https://cdn.sparkfun.com//assets/parts/7/4/9/7/11546-01.jpg
>
> This assembly is tuned to the operating system quick boot

Nice and interesting project....but will decrease your chance to get help because
it is not a original (and up to date) buildroot release...

But never less maybe I can give you some help ;-)

Did you compile the compile brummbeere yourself? Using which defconfig?

Did your mean the console on the attached LCD Display or console on the HDMI port?

I observed (with another project but similar LCD) the the HDMI console stops working
when the LCD kernel support module is loaded (no more output on HDMI console) but
everything worked well without the LCD kernel module...

In my case (blind) login via the USB keyboard worked, easy to test:
- login (blind) as root
- type 'reboot' and press enter and wait for reboot (or first login otherwise
  (vial network or serial console or on the LCD if possible and start 'tail -f /var/log/messages')

Regards,
Peter