[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2016-08-24

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 25 14:35:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:18:02 -0500, Matthew Weber wrote:

> > iputils-55828d1fef3fed7f07a... | 2
>
> So libgpg-error needs a dependency on gettext so that the libintl
> exists when it is statically linking.  I noticed gettext has a
> "depends on BR2_USE_WCHAR" which I'd need to pull up into libgpg-error
> and the packages which use libgpg-error.....  Any thoughts on if
> that's the right way to resolve this?  Wasn't sure if a WCHAR
> limitation on libgpg-error is the right way to go as there maybe
> packages that could use libgpg-error without libintl dependencies when
> WCHAR isn't set....

Arnout has already sent patches for this earlier today, and we already
had a lengthy discussion on this topic. See:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2016-August/170675.html
  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2016-August/170674.html

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering