[Buildroot] pointer dereference to incomplete type vm_operations_struct

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Aug 20 17:59:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 13:03:09 -0400, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a small linux, and I'm getting an error
> sometimes with vm_operations_struct as per the email title. Is there
> some kernel option that I'm missing or forgetting to enable? I did a
> make clean and was sure to delete my build and target directories. But
> I still get that error. Is there some option that I'm missing that
> must be set?

Please be more specific:

 - Which kernel version you're using.
 - Which kernel configuration you're using.
 - Which exact error message you're getting.

However, most likely the issue you're seeing is not Buildroot related,
but kernel related.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering