[Buildroot] fixdep not found

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 16:24:37 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to build a linux, version 3.14.51 with the buildroot
toolchain, gcc version 5.x and uclibc-ng. I also have Kernel headers
set to same as kernel being built an customer kernel header series set
to 3.14.x

I'm getting an issue during >>> linux-headers 3.14.51 Configuring
where it executes a make ... headers_install, and then goes to execute
scripts/basic/fixdep, but cannot find it. I can see that fixdep must
be compiled from fixdep.c, which I can find within the particular
build directory. But it's not already compiled when buildroot
generates code that would depend on it.

How do I resolve this?