[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-08-18

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Fri Aug 19 22:22:38 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> >         bfin |                binutils-2.25.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/40c7cdd5ff8ea8020332b37628262e9636414b35/
>
> eelf32bfin.c:1790:1: error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'CCREGS'
>
> Waldemar, this is a gcc bug.

Seems simlar to the ffmpeg issue. Some kind of optimization is
broken for Blackfin in gcc 6.1.x.

> >         m68k |                   libffi-3.2.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/1014a22cfdd3b18f349dde33f14acca4131dbd5b/
>
> Waldemar, no support of libffi for 5208. What's the plan for that?

I have a local patch for this. I will sent it out later.

> >         m68k |                      php-7.0.9 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/20b1586757450d6aad8583ad7a787a7ca11acef1/
>
> Waldemar, this is still occuring :)

I am pretty sure it will disappear, when we switched to simple FLAT
as it just seems to be a newer error message for the same problem we
are seeing with -msep-data.

best regards
 Waldemar