[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-08-09

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 09:20:09 UTC 2016

Matthew, Jörg, All,

On 2016-08-16 21:27 -0500, Matthew Weber spake thusly:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 4:31 AM, Jörg Krause
> <joerg.krause at embedded.rocks> wrote:
> > Am 10. August 2016 16:14:55 MESZ, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
> >>Please find below the usual analysis of build failures. Hiroshi,
> >>Waldemar, Gustavo, Fabrice, Yann, Dagg, Jörg, Vivien, Vicente, Samuel,
> >>Peter, Joris, Alistair, please have a look below, there's some fun
> >>stuff for you! :-) Thanks for your help.
> >>
> >>Thomas

> >>http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/715c3ff13844a030767a49731069183aa02cc5f2/
> >>
> >>config.status: error: cannot find input file: `rpcgen/Makefile.in'
> >>
> >>Jörg, you've done quite some work on libtirpc, could you have a look at
> >>this issue?
> >
> > I am on vacation until the end of next week. Sorry, someone else maybe?
>
> Took a look at this and it doesn't seem to be consistently repeatable
> ( I have yet to see it fail).  I went back and it looks like this
> occasionally has popped up starting on 8/6 and 8/9 on the following
> architectures.
>
> mips - glibc, gcc5, linux headers 4.6
>
> x86_64 - musl, gcc4.9, linux headers 4.7
>
> I just kicked off builds again to repeat both failures.  Hopefully I
> can catch it soon!

These two build failures occured on Andre's machine when it started
acting silly (the machine, not Andre! ;-) ).

The failures did not occur on other machines, and Andre's ainstance has
been restarted and does not seem be be acting weird any;ore.

So I'd say we should not investigate those two.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.