[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-08-09

Alistair Francis alistair23 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:33:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:00:26 +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>
>> If Xen can be told what python to use, then that's easy (e.g.:
>> --with-python=python2 or whatever else...)

Thanks for the help Yann. That was actually pretty straightforward :)

> Please try to find a solution like this: environment variable,
> configuration option, etc. If it doesn't exist, please add it.
>
>> However, if you can't tell Xen what python to use, then this is a bit
>> more involved.
>>
>> See how it was solved for example for qt5webkit:
>>
>>     package/qt5webkit: needs host-python
>>
>>     The Qt5Webkit build system hard-codes calls to 'python', but only really
>>     supports python2.
>>
>>     We fix that similarly as we did in nodejs, by adding a python->python2
>>     symlink early in the PATH when configuring/building Qt5Webkit, and
>>     adding host-python in the dependency list.
>>
>>     [--SNIP--]
>>
>> This is commit ac16793eaaabfced0312420759e3a66cdaa1ea8e and you can get
>> some inspiration from it.
>
> I really *hate* this solution, and I will actively discourage anyone to
> use it.

Luckily I didn't have to use this, I could set Python from the environment.

I sent a patch to fix this to the mailing list and a second patch to
update the Xen version.

Thanks,

Alistair