[Buildroot] buildroot development activities - query

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Sep 18 20:42:45 UTC 2015

 Hi Katoch,

 [I always get a little confused when people sign their mail with a name
completely different from their address :-)]

On 18-09-15 10:41, Dinesh Guleria wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have joind buildroot list last month only. At present i am going through the
> Linux material on Free electron site.
>
> I use to find that community is vary active & many mails (related to patches
> applied) flow into my inbox every day.
>
> I am curious to know these mails are about development of buildroot itself or
> using buildroot to make embedded linux system ?

 In buildroot, we consider that there is not much difference between a user and
a developer. In most cases when you really use buildroot for a product, you will
need to e.g. add packages to it. Because of this, we decided a couple of years
ago that it doesn't make sense to split the mailing list in a -users and
-developers list.

 However, this is up for discussion again at the developer meeting two weeks
from now. If you have an opinion, now is the time to speak up!

> Being a buildroot community members how one can contribute back ?

http://buildroot.org/manual.html#_contributing_to_buildroot

 You're already subscribed to the list, so the first step is done :-)

 Regards,
 Arnout