[Buildroot] problem booting from ext2 µsd card

Brendan Heading brendanheading at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:20:34 UTC 2015

> Then used cfdisk to create a single partition type 83 and maximum size as
> suggested by cfdisk.

What's the maximum size suggested by cfdisk ?

Your script seems to be manually creating the ext2 filesystem and
copying the files to it. buildroot can actually generate the ext2/3/4
image for you, so you won't need the above script; you'd just need to
copy the image directly to the sd (using dd).

> The only thing i can think of is that my debian host is messing up the
> partition.
> and also tried  cfdisk /z

Can you mount the partition on your debian host ? If it works there it
should also work on your target.

I see the output of mke2fs you sent. It appears to be creating a 2GB
partition which is the maximum size of an ext2 filesystem, so that
looks right.

My best suggestion is to bring your Linux system up without mounting
the SD card (ie use an initramfs or similar) and then see if you can
mount it manually and dump out the partition tables from there.