[Buildroot] problem booting from ext2 µsd card

Brendan Heading brendanheading at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:27:01 UTC 2015

On 17 September 2015 at 00:56, Johan Sagaert <sagaert.johan at proximus.be> wrote:
> Hi
> just extracted my rootfs to a µsd card
> configured u-boot to boot from it
>
> Any idea ? i have a single ext2 partition on a 4GB transcend class 10 card.
> not sure where to start searching...
> Tried several cards with equal results.
> used cfdisk as tool.

It looks a bit like your ext2 partition has been set up to be much
larger than 4GB.

> mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 59b4
> mmcblk0: mmc0:59b4 USD   3.74 GiB
>  mmcblk0: p1

As you already highlighted - 4GB SD card.

> attempt to access beyond end of device
> mmcblk0p1: rw=0, want=11524007040, limit=7857074

So with a block size of 512 bytes, 7857074 blocks = 3.83GB (give or
take) which matches up with your SD card.

However something is trying to access block 11524007040. that ain't right.

I suspect that somehow, the ext2 filesystem on the card has been
corrupted, or has been created incorrectly, or incorrectly copied to
the card. How did you format it ?

Brendan