[Buildroot] EOVERFLOW fstat() error on cortex-A9 android when trying to load shared library

Alex Potapenko opotapenko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:59:26 UTC 2015

Thank you for your responses, Arnout and Waldemar!

> Well, you're still top-posting... [1]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting

Very foolish of me, I misunderstood the meaning of this notion. I now
understand what it means and will avoid doing so.

I would like to know if your nano configure says something like
> this:
> checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
> Is your filesystem on the Android device bigger than 2 GB?
> (where /opt and nano + libraries lives in)

Yes, looking at nano config.log reveals this:

> configure:5147: checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files
> configure:5204: result: 64

And /data partition that contains /opt is exactly 2 GB. Does this mean that
it is a 32 bit file system, while the toolchain uses 64 bit file system
interface? Will it work if I create an ext2 partition larger than 2 GB on
my memory card and mount it as /opt?

 It would help if you would have your phone's kernel config. Do you have it?

Unfortunately, no, I don't have the exact config used to build the kernel.
I know it was compiled from this source:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

I ran `make exynos4_defconfig`, then manually selected arch (exynos4) and
mach (not sure I selected right, but that probably doesn't matter here).
See the result attached.

Thanks a lot!

Alex Potapenko