[Buildroot] /dev management ?

David Picard davepiq at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 30 12:17:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to get the ft6x06 touchscreen driver to work. When I load
the driver, /dev/input/mouse0 is created, but no /dev/input/event*. Same
thing when I hook up a USB mouse. With both devices, I can "cat
/dev/input/mouse0 | hexdump" and see events when I move the mouse /
touch the screen.

evtest and ts_test won't work, complaining that /dev/input/mouse0 is not
a Linux input event device. My Qt5 app doesn't grab the touchscreen events.

My config :
- Raspberry Pi B+ and Adafruit 2.8" PiTFT w/ cap touch. I got the
display part working OK.
- Buildroot 2015.08.1
- default /dev management method, i.e. "Dynamic using devtmpfs only".
- rootnfs (root file system on my laptop)

Thanks in advance for your help,
David.

------
Platform :