[Buildroot] [RFC v4 00/16] Add per-package staging feature

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:51:02 UTC 2015

On 4 October 2015 at 19:21, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:
> [...] We anyway don't
> have complete reproducibility at the moment, since the build of host packages
> depends on what is installed on the system.

To get a known set of host packages, Buildroot could run in an
environment setup by Nix[1].

With some extra tricks, you can get _very_ reproducible environments:

  https://garbas.si/2015/reproducible-development-environments.html

I think that's close to as reproducible as it gets, if not emulating
CPU/RAM/filesystem the build runs in :-)

[1] http://nixos.org/nix/

Disclaimer: I'm a Nix(OS) user/contributor.

- Bjørn