[Buildroot] defconfig build failure on cubieboard2_defconfig

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Nov 29 11:18:38 UTC 2015

Hello all,

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:22:09 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> The Travis build of all defconfigs failed last night, on the
> cubieboard2_defconfig:
>
>    https://travis-ci.org/buildroot/buildroot-defconfig-testing/jobs/93053316
>
> The error is:
>
> /home/travis/build/buildroot/buildroot-defconfig-testing/buildroot/output/build/uboot-b4bca5e0651b460a4511582f07a935cb48f74948/spl/lib/vsprintf.o:
> file not recognized: File truncated

FWIW, two days later the problem did not reproduce, and then again two
days later, the same problem occurred on the same defconfig, while
building U-Boot, but just on a different file.

Bottom line: we have a parallel build issue happening here I believe.
This there is cubieboard2 support in mainline U-Boot it seems, so it
would probably be a good idea to use this instead of this custom
version.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons