[Buildroot] [RFC] wine: Bump to 1.8

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Wed Nov 18 21:46:45 UTC 2015

Am 18.11.2015 um 22:21 schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
> Dear André Hentschel,

Hi Thomas, thanks a lot for that quick review!

> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 22:00:51 +0100, André Hentschel wrote:
>
>> In a couple of weeks Wine 1.8 will be released, 1.7.55 was the last 1.7.x version.
>> To prepare for the version jump of two years, I want to make sure early if i do something wrong.
>> So a quick overlook over the patch would be nice.
>> What about moving the patches around like I do? 0003->0001?
>> Note that this patches is missing a hash file, will be added back later
>
> The patch looks good to me, there is nothing really complicated in
> there. Just a few comments:
>
>  * Use 'git format-patch -M' to enable rename detection, so that the
>    renaming of the patches is detected, and instead of seeing a
>    complete file being removed, and a complete file being added, we see
>    a rename.

I also adjusted the patch a bit to apply to the new version

>  * In your commit log, please explain what is happening: which patches
>    are dropped and why, which changes are made to the package other
>    than bumping the version.

I'll do my best to keep that in mind (Might still be 4-8 weeks in the future)

> Of course, don't forget your SoB in the commit log as well.

Sure, I just didn't want to sign this patch ;)

> Last suggestion: can you submit the SANE_CONFIG patch upstream, so that
> hopefully they merge it before the 1.8 release, and we can have zero
> patches for the wine package ?

The patch won't go in as it is, because it would break non-cross-builds, also this problem is most likely not only true for sane, but also for other *-config programs,
and I'm no configure guru...
But I'll file a bug about it.