[Buildroot] issue with dhcp on buildroot

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Nov 11 10:48:18 UTC 2015

On 11-11-15 09:47, Michael Schweikart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have setup a buildroot environment and build it. I deploy it on device under
> test and the systems boots up(Kernel Version 4.3). As soon as the network and
> udhcpc (v1.24.1) starts i get the following messages.
>
> Sending discover...
> udhcpc: sendto: Invalid argument.
> Sending discover...
> udhcpc: sendto: Invalid argument.
> No lease, failing

 Is it possible that the Ethernet device doesn't exist yet when udhcpc starts?

 When you start it from the command line, does it work?

> If i setup an static ip address i am able to ping the device under test. I try
> to ping a IP form the device under test i get the following error.
>
> ping: sendto: Destination address required

 So you did the following:

ifconfig eth0 up 192.168.1.1
ping 192.168.1.2

 and you get the 'Destination address required' error?

 Does ping to the configured address work?

 When you wireshark the link, do you see anything coming out?

 Regards,
 Arnout