[Buildroot] disable-optimization in libgcrypt?

Danomi Manchego danomimanchego123 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:34:26 UTC 2015

All,

We noticed that libgcrypt.mk explicitly disables optimizations:

   LIBGCRYPT_CONF_OPTS = \
    --disable-optimization \
    --with-gpg-error-prefix=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr

Looking through the history, it has been so since 2007, commit
595e070364fa578dcc44bea7256ef635368bad9c by Bernhard Reutner-Fischer.
The commit log does not explain why - "remove duplicate includedir".

I don't see optimization being disabled in OE, Yocto, PTXdist.

Does anyone know why optimization is disabled in libgcrypt?

Danomi -