[Buildroot] installing custom library and hello world

Ted Salazar Ted.Salazar at maximintegrated.com
Fri May 29 02:42:37 UTC 2015

Wow! Mainline BuildRoot is much easier than manually building the at91bootstrap, uboot and kernel as you guys said.

Thanks so much for all your past help and guiding me to mainline BuildRoot.

I only have four more tasks, listed below, to complete my part of this project. I will be reading documentation on how to do these last tasks. So far I have found the following documents related to these tasks. If you know of any other documentation I should be reading to accomplish this please let me know. I am using the ubifs.

http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages

 http://armbedded.eu/node/318

Open Tasks:

17.          Add custom IC SPI/I2C adaptation layer => TODO

18.          Install custom IC host library in userland leveraging the /dev/spiX device file to communicate => TODO

19.          Compile an example hello world program to run on the Terminal after EK Board boot up => TODO

20.          Compile a simple custom application to run on the Terminal after EK Board boot up => TODO

[cid:image001.png at 01D0997D.06775530]

Thank you,

Ted