[Buildroot] Newbie help, AT91sam9x25 patch Installation Questions

Ted Salazar Ted.Salazar at maximintegrated.com
Wed May 27 06:58:17 UTC 2015

To all you patch experts...Just curious why the BuildRoot manual checksout a branch to patch instead a tag? The newest branch is 2013.xx but the newest stable tag is 2015.02, which is what I want. Also, don't I need to add a patch command at the end of those two commands as well? Something like $ patch < hello.patch ?

21.3.1. Applying Patches from Patchwork
The main use of Buildroot’s Patchwork website for a developer is for pulling in patches into their local git repository for testing purposes.

When browsing patches in the patchwork management interface, an mbox link is provided at the top of the page. Copy this link address and run the following commands:

$ git checkout -b <test-branch-name>
$ wget -O - <mbox-url> | git am

I hope to get your life saving patches installed tomorrow.

Thank you,
Ted
Thanks again for your response. I think mainline BuildRoot is the way to go.

Just two quick questions on the commands to apply your patch...from BuildRoot documentation.

$ git checkout -b <test-branch-name>
$ wget -O - <mbox-url> | git am

Q1: Does <test-branch-name> = http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tag/?id=2015.02 ?
Q2: Does <mbox-url> = http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/473928/mbox/ ?