[Buildroot] Worried about patches not being merged?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Mar 19 08:20:42 UTC 2015

Jörg,

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:01:06 +0100, Jörg Krause wrote:

> Are there any guidelines for reviewing?

Not really. Just pick patches touching things you are a bit comfortable
with, give them some testing, and do some comments if needed. On the
other hand, if you think the patch is fine, simply reply with a
Reviewed-by tag.

Of course, reviewing simple package bumps or hash file additions is not
very useful, since I tend to apply such patches quickly: there is not
much potential trouble with such patches.

> It's a pitty that GSoC did not accepted Buildroot this year. The
> testing scripts would be a nice feature.

Yes, it is a pitty, but hopefully someone will pick up the task and
work on improving our QA tooling :)

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons