[Buildroot] graphics

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Mar 18 22:42:12 UTC 2015

On 16/03/15 11:01, ali hagigat wrote:
> Buildroot has built a correct image for wandboard-quad and I can log
> in and see the output by the serial port, ttymxc0
> But i want to enable graphics for wandboard. Now getty listens for
> ttymxc0, how can i change it to use HDMI monitor and keyboard/mouse?
> I have enabled some X11 components and some drivers but i can only see
> the output on the serial console. HDMI monitor was not drived
> I will be much appreciate for any answer

 getty will only give you a console. If you want to get a console on HDMI, you
need CONFIG_VT and CONFIG_FB in the kernel, but I'm not sure if the latter is
even available for the Wandboard. If you have a framebuffer, you can start a
getty on tty1 instead of ttymxc0.

 But if it is X that you want, you should start it. For testing, you can just
type X after logging in on the console.

 I think we should start writing a FAQ on how to use X on buildroot...

 Regards,
 Arnout