[Buildroot] Support for Atmel SAMA5D4 EK

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Mar 13 06:27:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:47:25 +0000, Gurumani, Swapna wrote:

> I made modifications to sama5d3_defconfig to support atmel's sama5d4-EK Evaluation kit.
> Here is a link to Atmel's buildroot github where youc an find sama5d3_defconfig:
> https://github.com/linux4sam/buildroot-at91
>
> Please find attached the defconfig file for sama5d4.
> I am trying to follow instructions provided her to create a patch:
> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_contributing_to_buildroot
>
> But this won't create a patch. Please let me know how to provide a patch. Basically when I type "git format-patch -M -n -s -o outgoing origin/master", nothing happens.

Because you didn't do a git commit.

Also, your file is a full .config file, while defconfig have to be
minimal configuration files.

So basically, you have do:

  1/ make savedefconfig
  2/ mv defconfig configs/sama5d4ek_defconfig
  3/ git add configs/sama5d4ek_defconfig
  4/ git commit -s
  5/ git format-patch ...

Note that my colleague Alexandre Belloni has anyway planned to do a
refresh of all the Atmel defconfig in Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons