[Buildroot] Busybox build fails on raspberrypi defconfig

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Jun 18 16:08:13 UTC 2015

On 06/18/15 11:02, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
[snip]
> I told you in my previous e-mail, but maybe it wasn't clear. It's due
> to a kconfig limitation/bug. Basically, here is the scenario:
>
>  * You start from a fresh configuration.
>
>  * You select uClibc 0.9.33, and exit menuconfig.
>
>  * Automatically, the file package/uclibc/uClibc-0.9.33.config is used
>    as the uclibc configuration file (option BR2_UCLIBC_CONFIG)
>
>  * Now, you go back to menuconfig, and you decide to switch to
>    uClibc-ng.
>
> -> And now, instead of automatically switching to
> package/uclibc/uClibc-ng.config, package/uclibc/uClibc-0.9.33.config is
> kept as the value of BR2_UCLIBC_CONFIG. This is the limitation of
> kconfig I'm talking about above.
[snip]
> One way we could get around this problem is by making the
> BR2_UCLIBC_CONFIG option visible only if the user selects another
> option like "Use a custom uClibc configuration file".

 Or let the default be empty, and choose a default from the .mk file when it's
empty. But we've discussed that before and some people didn't like it.

 Note: this applies for all string options for which we have multiple defaults:
BR2_TARGET_GRUB2_BUILTIN_MODULES, BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_ISO9660_BOOT_MENU.

 Regards,
 Arnout