[Buildroot] strange issue with gcc 4.9.2

bruce bushby bruce.bushby at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 21:10:03 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas

It appears I inadvertently sent a somewhat mistake ridden "half email" to
the list while meaning to delete it :)

Today I went through everything and prepared some simple examples
demonstrating the problem and while doing so appear to have resolved the
issue.

I switched boards from an AllWinner A20 to an A13 .... and like an idiot I
never thought to update the defconfig:
BR2_cortex_a7=y  (AllWinner A20)   to   BR2_cortex_a8=y (AllWinner A13)

The issue was obscured by the fact that "buildroot-2014.08" produced a
working "u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin" and everything else ....even with the
incorrect "BR2_cortex_a7=y" defconfig  ... however from 2014.11 onwards,
the resulting u-boot, although compiled as normal, would not execute on the
A13 processor .....correcting "BR2_cortex_a7" fixes the issue.

So far today, buildroot-2015.05 is behaving as expected, including
systemd....although systemd resets the board unless I disable
networking....but thats a topic for another time.

Thanks for the quick response btw, much appreciated.