[Buildroot] bc segfaults when using math library, and patch

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Wed Jun 10 14:17:47 UTC 2015

 > I have attached a patch that fixes the segfault in bc when it is used
 > with the math library loaded. A developer on #buildroot also commented
 > that perhaps buildroot should use the alpha version of bc like many
 > distros instead - I can't comment on that.

I was going to ask if this is already upstream and if you had a
reference to the upstream version control, but GNU bc doesn't seem to
have any public vcs (or any real activity).

I see the latest alpha release is from 2006, and that one does make
save_adr static and NEWS contains the following note:

Bug fixes:
        fixes bug in load_code introduced by mathlib string storage in 1.06.

I personally don't use bc, but if people (and other distributions) think
the 1.06.95 alpha version is better then lets use it.

A quick look at the Debian package shows that they are carrying some
patches that might be interesting, E.G. 03_array_initialize.diff seems
like a clear bugfix:

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/bc

Care to send a patch to bump the version with this info?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard