[Buildroot] Change package version in buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 20 15:56:17 UTC 2015

Dear Piotr Rudzki,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:04:14 +0100, Piotr Rudzki wrote:

> I'm trying to change version of package in buildroot. I've copied files
> from package/squashfs to proper path in $BR2_EXTERNAL and changed
> version of sources to 4.2.

This is not supported. The $BR2_EXTERNAL mechanism can only be used to
add distinct packages from the ones available in Buildroot itself. You
cannot use it to override packages that exist in Buildroot with the
same name.

Possible solutions are:

 *) Create a new package with a different name in your $BR2_EXTERNAL
    directory.

 *) Change Buildroot itself, and keep your changes in a separate branch.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons