[Buildroot] Qt4 Application - Touch detection

Santhosh Ramani srcoolz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:58:57 UTC 2015

Hello Bjorn,

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Is environment variable TSLIB_TSDEVICE set to the correct input
>    device found under /dev/input/eventX ?
> 2. Is environment variable QWS_MOUSE_PROTO set to
>    "tslib:/dev/input/eventX" ?

I do have a startup script where I export these variables prior to
ts_calibrate.  Do you want me to re-export them before running the
application? I export the following variables:

export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
export TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE=INPUT
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="Tslib:/dev/input/event0"

I do have a question - when I print the environment variables, these do not
show up. I use the 'printenv' command, and these are not listed. Is that a
problem?

 I used Qt 4.8.x on x86 with a touch screen. But I built it with
> buildroot and didn't copy it from a SDK. With that buildroot built Qt
> it worked very well.

I will test this out and reply back to you.

Thank you once again.
Regards

Santhosh