[Buildroot] Qt4 Application - Touch detection

Björn Kirchner bjoern at am-soft.de
Thu Jan 15 17:13:24 UTC 2015

Am Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:03:38 -0600
schrieb Santhosh Ramani <srcoolz at gmail.com>:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am having some problems with running a Qt4 application with the
> buildroot RFS. The application renders fine and the screen looks
> perfect but touch detection does not work consistently and also seems
> to be off.
>
> I have calibrated the touch with ts_calibrate and ts_test also works
> perfectly. However when I run my app, touch detection doesn't work
> properly. I have built my app in Qt 4.8.4 and used the libraries from
> the TI SDK. I have also copied all the relevant libraries to the RFS
> and I don't get any errors for library dependency.

I used Qt 4.8.x on x86 with a touch screen. But I built it with
buildroot and didn't copy it from a SDK. With that buildroot built Qt
it worked very well. Two things for you to check:

1. Is environment variable TSLIB_TSDEVICE set to the correct input
   device found under /dev/input/eventX ?
2. Is environment variable QWS_MOUSE_PROTO set to
   "tslib:/dev/input/eventX" ?

> When I enable the mouse pointer to be displayed in my application, I
> can see that the pointer shows up in completely the wrong spot. But
> if I kill my application and start the ts_test it works perfectly;
> that is how I can know that the calibration is good.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you for your
> help, it's much appreciated :)
>
> Regards
>
> Santhosh

Regards