[Buildroot] host-python build issue

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 8 11:26:48 UTC 2015

Dear Zoltan Gyarmati,

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:24:48 +0100, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:

> Yes, and the files of the package:
> $dpkg -L oss4-dev
> /.
> /usr
> /usr/include
> /usr/include/linux
> /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
> package diverts others to: /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h.oss3
> /usr/share
> /usr/share/doc
> /usr/share/doc/oss4-dev
> /usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/copyright
> /usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/changelog.gz
> /usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
> /usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/README.Debian
>
> I didn't notice before that the header file in question was diverted, so
> after removing the package, host-python builds properly, thanks for the
> hint!

I have no idea why this package moves a kernel headers to a different
name. Obviously it can break quite a lot of userspace
applications/libraries. I don't really understand why they are doing
this.

That being said, I don't think the ossaudio Python module is very
useful, so disabling its build is probably the right thing to do for
host-python, and for target python, make it optional.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons