[Buildroot] Need iconv(): fatal error: iconv.h: No such file or directory

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 6 15:46:15 UTC 2015

Dear Williams Jr., Ernest L.,

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 15:39:47 +0000, Williams Jr., Ernest L. wrote:

> In this case my package/application is external to buildroot.
>
> I have set the following  in my  ".config"   using  make xconfig:
> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_LOCALE
>
> Like so,
> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_LOCALE=y
>
> After typing make, I expect to see  "iconv.h"  in ${STAGING_DIR}/usr/include
> But it is not, there.  :(
>
> Must, I rebuild everything from scratch ?

Yes.

See http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#full-rebuild:

"""
When the toolchain configuration is changed, a complete rebuild
generally is needed. Changing the toolchain configuration often
involves changing the compiler version, the type of C library or its
configuration, or some other fundamental configuration item, and these
changes have an impact on the entire system.
"""

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--