[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-02-25

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Thu Feb 26 18:39:31 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas, list,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:30:13AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>       x86_64 |                       make-4.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/b80a34a602b1241bc03cd43df1a269389d50e75c/

Nice.

So we package different versions of the same library under different names.
The library is the Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector that we carry under
the names bdwgc (7.2f), and libgc (7.4.0). The following build order seems to
triggers the error:

	bdwgc (guile dependency)
	guile
	libgc
	make

guile links with bdwgc as a mandatory dependency. make-4.1 configure script
finds guile and pulls -lguile-2.0 and -lgc to its link command. But libgc
builds before make, thus overwriting bdwgc. When make attempts to link with
libgc it fails because of missing getcontext, a problem that is fixed in bdwgc
by a local patch.

I have verified that building guile, libgc, and make, in that order,
reproduced this build failure.

I suggest to just remove libgc in master, event though it was added first,
because no other package depend on it.

baruch