[Buildroot] trouble configuring for beaglebone black and external Linaro toolchain, 2015.02-rc2

William Welch bvwelch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:23:09 UTC 2015

Greetings,

Thank you for all the great work you are doing in buildroot.

I first built a system using the beaglebone_defconfig, and the make went
fine.  But when I try to select the external linaro toolchain, the make
fails-- EABIhf selected, but toolchain is incompatible...

Steps to repeat:

make beaglebone_defconfig
make menuconfig
   choose external, and it will automatically choose Linraro ARM 2014.09
make
It will download the toolchain
-- gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9-2014.09_linux.tar.xz
but then fail while configuring the toolchain.

What am I missing here?

thank you,

William