[Buildroot] python: host-python ssl support

Jordi Llonch jordi.llonch at rochsystems.com
Sun Feb 15 23:12:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

SSL support is explicitly disabled for host-python and needed by the latest pip to install from https. As per today, all the downloads from Python Package Index are https.

I saw in the list a patch from Rohan Fletcher implementing BR2_HOST_PYTHON_SSL_SUPPORT and looks it was never merged.

Following the instructions in section 17.8 from Buildroot manual does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct strategy for building a python application with external dependencies?

Thanks in advance,
Jordi