[Buildroot] TZ_LOCALTIME cannot be empty for gtk#

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:45:33 UTC 2015

Hello list,

I'm building gtk# (new package) and encountered a little and annoying problem.

If tz localtime is not setup (/etc/localtime and /etc/timezone), gtk#
crashes bacause timezone cannot be null.

Having a timezone is a good practice, but I noticed that buildroot
doesn't enforce that: when TZ_LOCALTIME is empty the timezone is
simply not set up, thus relying on correct implementations in user
code.

I wrote a dirty patch that sets TZ_LOCALTIME to Etc/UTC if empty, so
the timezone is correctly configured making gtk# happy.

I ask an advice on how to solve this problem the right way to have the
patches included.

Sincerely, Angelo

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo